These are the things that are scheduled on my calendar each week.
I completely, totally expect Greg to know everything on my calendar--WITHOUT my having to tell him. Isn't it his job to read my mind?!
Well, to give the man a little bit of a head start with the whole telepathy thing, here is a rough outline of a typical week for us. (I'm starting on Tuesday because that's when it feels like our week starts.)
Tuesday
- Both kids to school (with lunches) at 8:45
- Pilates at 9:20
- Grocery shopping (here)
- Pick up Mary at 1:00 and put her down for a nap
- Pick up David at 2:00 (Kudos to my mom for always adjusting her schedule to be home while Mary naps so I can go pick up David.)
- Quiet time
- Swimming lessons for David at 4:40
- Make dinner
- Once a month I see my therapist, usually Tuesday evening (Any progress I have been able to make this year because I am living with my parents is offset by the issues that arise from...living with my parents. Why can't life be simple???)
- David to school (with lunch and show-and-tell) at 8:45
- Monthly Family Home Evening packet group OR monthly visit to the temple OR monthly trip to Costco OR attempting to clean with a 2-yr.-old destruct-o-bot as my shadow
- Pick up David at 2:00
- Nap day--EVERY BODY takes a LONG nap AT THE SAME TIME (The highlight of my week!)
- Make dinner
- Kickboxing 7-8 and David goes with me (Who needs yoga? There's no stress reliever like a few good round-house kicks!)
- Late bedtime (Darn that glorious naptime.)
Thursday
- David and Mary to school at 8:45
- Laundry day
- "Free time" for visiting teaching or the book group I still haven't been to or blogging or cleaning or shopping or procrastinating
- Pick up Mary at 1:00 and put her down for a nap
- Pick up David at 2:00
- Quiet time
- Make dinner
- Zumba 6-7 (David goes with me)
Friday
- Playgroup at 10:00
- Quiet time
- Some Fridays we go to Grammy's house for a sleepover
Saturday
- Some Saturday mornings we are at Grammy's house
- For Saturdays we are not, there is Zumba at 10:30 (David goes with me)
- Yard work with Grandpa Mike
- Out to dinner with my family (usually pizza), and this often includes Tia and Tio
Sunday
- Skype with Daddy
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast at 10:30
- Early nap for Mary
- Church from 1:30-4:30 (Ugh.)
- Dinner with my family (and sometimes Tio and Tia come over to play)
Monday
- Laundry day (again...)
- De-cluttering day
- Meet Grammy somewhere fun in the morning OR visit Grammy's house after naps for dinner and Family Home Evening
- (I am thinking about adding gymnastics and karate to our Monday agenda. A little of that WinKids "magic.")
As for all of the unscheduled, unaccounted-for time?
Fill in any of the following:
--Target
--Blogging
--Making messes
--Playing computer
--The New York Times
--Grazing
--Procrastinating
--Cleaning up
--Throwing the ball around with Grandma Evie
--Hide-n-seek with Grandpa Mike
--Toys
--Toys
--Toys
--Coloring, painting, cutting, and pasting
--Play-doh
--Mandatory backyard time
--More procrastinating
--Hulu (Oh, how I could not live without you.)
--Cleaning up
--Drowning in a sea of papers from school
--Nick Jr.
--Nick Jr.
--Nick Jr.
--Making messes
--Blurb book projects
--Reading
--Puzzles
--Sleeping
--32 oz. fountain drinks
--Email
--Real mail
--The good old Roku box
--More messes
--Wrestling, hitting, laughing, and threatened time-outs
--Have I mentioned Nick Jr.?
--Oh, and PBS Kids too!
And I guess sometimes we bathe.
So, Greg, honey, there you go. Now you know what you're missing.
And don't forget it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.