Even with all this talk of archaeological tunnels and pictures of Mayan stelae, I wouldn't want you to forget that the reason for this trip was him...
Marriage isn't what I thought it would be like. It's a million times better.
Sometimes I wonder why love like the love we share isn't often (ever?) portrayed in movies or books.
But, to be honest, this kind of love doesn't necessarily make for exciting storytelling. And that's okay. Because it doesn't mean our marriage doesn't make me happier than I had ever imagined possible. Besides, the rhythms of our relationship and the depth of our feelings are unique. And private: we are each other's refuge. That is why the most important part of my life is what I write the least about. Words can never do justice, and I'm okay with that.
Now, after that little break, let's get back to the Mayans...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.