Our Christmas Eve celebration began with clam chowder and tortilla soup (best recipe ever!)...
Here is Joseph leading Mary to Bethlehem (with the help of a map)...
They had a few bumps along the way...
But Joseph was kind and attentive...
David also agreed to play the shepherd. Somehow the Shepherd and the Mother of God got a little tangled up...

But the Shepherd finally made it to the manger...
David ALSO agreed to play the Wisemen. He was clearly the star of the show! (I guess he was making up for his non-participation last time.)
What a sweet Wiseman...
Way to go David for making the Nativity a big success!
Next was our own little Christmas Revels. We donned bells and danced through the house--to the utter glee of all the children. This is Mary, ready for reveling...
After our reveling, we enjoyed a traditional buche de noel and cheesecake...
Mary sampling the cheesecake...
David loved the buche de noel. Me too! (Very yummy, Aunt K!)
Then it was jammie-time! Look how adorably super dooper cute...

Have I mentioned that David LOVES Baby N? Maybe a little too much...yikes...
Can you tell that Cousin E prefers short sleeves and pants?...
Cousin love...
Sibling love...

David insisted on holding Baby N...

Mary did too, but she wasn't very successful...
But they still love each other...
The night progressed as the kids each got to open a present. The girls all received beautiful blankets for their baby dolls. (Thanks Aunt Le!)
There were also crackers to be opened...(nothing like poking your aunt in the eye)...

and cookies for Santa to be decorated...
I love this picture of David, Cousin J, and Mary with Uncle B tracking Santa on his laptop...
As Santa was getting closer and closer, our Christmas was getting whiter and whiter...
I think many a child's prayer was answered that night!
Finally, as David and Cousin J were snuggled on Uncle B's lap, they heard the bells. Real sleigh bells just outside! Their eyes grew wide with wonder and belief. Then they sprinted up the stairs lickity split--they know very well that Santa's magic doesn't work unless they are asleep. It was my favorite moment. I will never forget that look in David's eyes. (I think this was Aunt Le's favorite moment too.)
The next day, when I asked David what his favorite part of Christmas was, I was sure he would tell me his favorite new toy. Instead he answered, "Hearing Santa's bells."
I love Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.