Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bienvenidos


Welcome to my new blog!
(I considered maintaining the old original, but I am too averse to putting salad and mashed potatoes on the same plate.)
I assume you already know me and my little crew from real life and/or my previous blog, Twelve Months in the Creek, which chronicled the last twelve (er, twelve plus) months of our life in Ohio, where Greg was in graduate school at the Air Force Institute of Technology. If you're new and feeling a bit lost, you could always browse around the old blog searching for context. But that seems as if it could be rather tedious, so here's a quick introduction.
I am Alisa, and this is my blog.
My kids are David (4) and Mary (almost 2). They are very energetic and very cute, if I do say so myself.

Greg is my husband. He's a civil engineer in the Air Force. He is currently fulfilling a one year assignment at Soto Cano Air Base in Honduras. Mary, David, and I are not with him. We will be spending the year with my parents in Flower Mound, Texas. Right now we are in Park City, enjoying a summer in the mountains.

Thus began our year of separation.
Although I have a lot of great support, single momhood is kicking my booty. Time to blog is a luxury. But also a necessity: I need it to help me reflect, to laugh, to appreciate my children, and to connect to people (like you). And now I need it--in addition to phone calls, emails, and packages--as another way to share my life with Greg. (Though the really private stuff will, of course, be restricted to those phone calls and emails to Honduras. Sorry.) You--and me--are still my primary audience. I may not post super frequently, but I promise you, myself, and my husband to post as regularly as possible.
I am Alisa, and this is my blog. My new blog. For a new stage of life. One year.
One year.
By the way, the title of my blog is nonsensical. Really, it doesn't mean anything. What is significant is that I pulled the words from John Donne's "A Valediction Forbidding Mourning." So the aery beat doesn't mean anything, but that poem means a great deal to me right now. The ideas in the poem speak to my heart. Especially this year. But I will save the explication for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.